Friday, March 26, 2010

The Milwaukee Art Museum

Wednesday, March 24th Brett, Katherine, and I went to the Milwaukee Art Museum. Wednesday is the free day at the museum, and I couldn't wait to get there! We parked by Veterans Park and walked over. They were not happy about wearing nice clothes on a 'No School' day. Once they got in to the museum, their attitude changed. They both asked to use the camera.



*Brett checking himself out in the mirror
*Is Brett scared of his sister or the mummy?
*Brett with the painting: Far From Home

*East is the Place
*Campbell's Soup Cans
*Schrank Our take on Lucy Pevensey and the wardrobe!
Katherine's favorites: I liked the big splat one because it was like Jackson Pollock. I was happy to see the Campbell soup cans, because I learned about Andy Warhol in school.
Below are the photos Brett took. Some are typical of Brett: food and animals.
Brett: I took these pictures because they caught my attention. My favorite was the dog catching the hedgehog.
*Still Life With a Crab
*Poultry Park
*Noah and the Animals

*Moses and the Tablests of Law
*Portrait of a Terrier
*Two Young Men in Powdered Wigs
*Flowers in a Terra-Cotta Vase
*Settee
*Homer and His Guide
*(I forgot to write down the title)
*Winter Scene
*Early Morning
*Shepherdess
*Young Girl Braiding Wreath
These are my two favorite paintings in the Milwaukee Art Museum.


I must say it was a very enjoyable trip to the museum. I had the most fun watching Katherine look at the art work. She would look at every angle and actually study each piece...quite fascinating!
When we were done, we walked back to the van and drove to Whole Foods. Their pizza is on sale on Wednesdays. We ordered one and did some shopping while waiting for it to be done in the stone oven. It was a wonderful day!

No comments: